Friday, October 01, 2004

tiptoeing through....

Bring on the weekend!!! :o)

I'm ready for a huge nights sleep, and getting lost in the dream world tonight. It's been a mammoth weekend, and in all honesty feels like I just had 3 squashed into 1!! The work that was waiting for me after 2 weeks of being away was HUGE. Still.... Wouldn't be there if I didn't love it.

Of course... with turning down the other job, came the sorting out of this job, and trying to figure out what was going to happen with it. Realizing that they have no clue at all as far as what I do! Clueless.... but that's the way I guess. Was thinking about the things that are keeping me here in New Zealand, and in all honesty - the biggest thing would be the job. Yes... I love my family - but living in the South pretty much means that I've isolated myself from them beautifully. So... they aren't really holding me here - though with all these weddings, I guess being here for most of them the first half of the year is a must. hehe.
So.... yes, there are friends - but I don't know if that would be enough to keep me here either.... The thing that I've been pulled to the most has been this job. It's been me... something that I could sink my teeth into, and just grow in, which has been fantastic. I've learnt a huge amount... but I don't think after this year that it will be enough. Of course, with the feelings of wanting to bolt (for want of a nicer word?! ) is it worth me finding something else... or just plodding along gaining all the experience I can, while I'm there, and getting the experience to put on the ol' cv? I'm not sure.

Looks like the States will be happening in May - after the wedding rush, and the madness of work. Should I just pack up everything completely, and take off permanently then? It's certainly an idea. head to the states and catch up with people.... see how it all is now... and then head upto to Canada - or over to England?

An option.

crazy

nuts

but still.......

No comments: