Saturday, September 04, 2004

what it means.....

WOW!!

Pretty full on couple of days.

Still feeling really tired, and fully aware that this next week is going to be full on. John is away for the week, and I've got quite a few quotes to get done - as well as deal with everything else that will be thrown my way. Not complaining at all!! Especially when I think that this may be my last real week in the job. Have lots of people that I actually need to touch base with, sort out some jobs... yada yada yada.... yay!

Spent last night and pretty much all of today at a Praise and Worship workshop with the Senior Pastor and his wife of our church in Melbourne, Australia. Still buzzing from it all now, 6 hours later. So many different issues, points and encouraging moments to keep me going. I kind of just want to swim around in it all, and let it keep washing over me. I have so much to learn, and so far to go, and still wonder where exactly I'm supposed to be focussing my energies?!
Praise and Worship is certainly my passion...... although I think for a while that passion pretty much waned.... dimished somewhat in the last year. The passion is still there - but the egotistical thinking probably was too.....
Yes, I can hear Jiljane singing to me.....
"It's all about meeeeeeeeeeee"
And that's not what I want to be like..... that's not the person I'm trying to be......

Today was an eyeopener. Seeing these two people so on fire, and so full of wisdom. (Not to mention the challenge going out from them to stretch ourselves, to never stop learning and growing in our own ways..... how big is your vocab? How can you write an interesting song, captivating people without having knowledge and power? )
So, at the end of the day, we got into groups, and wrote a song. It was hillarious, and we laughed alot!! But more than that, with the encouragement we came up with something quite cool!!
It was such a buzz to hear peoples wise words at the end of it all.... and to actually hear something that was created - in less than an hour, in pressure circustances.... totally awesome!
A thrill to be apart of that! The encouragement that came with it all just blew me away. Now - to finish it!! The challenge has been laid, and I so want to just keep rolling with it.
Better than that - was working with Jiljane, which meant that I got to experience something that we could keep working on. It reminded me that regardless of where we are - we do work well together, balancing eachother out, and somehow making good!

Exhilirating!

Mikey Mans birthday over in England...... and yeah, he does feel a million miles away. Sms are few and far between - which is hardly surprising.... but sad. Funny how life kind of just takes off, and while you're busy, there are those small moments where you realise life has made another turn, and its all beginning to change again in some small ways.
That has far more to do with the job, and the flying up to see my nana but Mike gets thrown into it all too for the moment. Oh - having benny back too. hehe Madness, I tell you.

Had a super quick catch up with Bethany today. YAY!! Miss her bunches. Sounds like she's having a frantic summer, but enjoying all of the challenges. All these people back in the States that keep kind of drawing me over there.....
Inspired.

"Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed." ~Storm Jameson

on that note.....
bliss

No comments: