Sunday, February 06, 2005

settling in....

So.... after the Shawn concert down here, and zooming up to Parachute in Hamilton, and then driving down to Wellington, catching our flight to Christchurch and moving the next day.... figuring out that the phone wiring in my new bedroom is all screwy....
I've finally got my computer up and running again....

WHEW!

Actually, I'm supposed to be at church right now for band, but joys... I've had horrible stomach cramps the last few days. Worse than normal - or just ones that I can't get rid of with the help of anti-flams. ARHG! So.... after being curled up in bed, I figure I can try to sit here for a little while, and then curl up again. If only I could find my hot water bottle!!!

Moving right along.

Hoping that this month with be quieter. I don't honestly know what my chances are? hehe. Still... can live in hope.
I've actually been given the challenge and I guess you could say 'support' to find a job by the end of the month. HAHA! Yes, Shane and I are both over our jobs, and so.... it's been decided that the hunt is on, and come the end of Feb, we will be celebrating! There wasn't really anything that jumped out and grabbed me in yesterdays paper, but checking out web sites, and about to stick the resume on the web to see if I can get any bites.
I'm trying to convince him to move on down here.... and yes, the idea of starting up a company is still playing around in our heads. Would be scary, but exciting. Shall see.

The new house is brilliant. Have just been hassled for not having any pics done yet. Will get onto that one when I can. My room still isn't completely unpacked, but it's looking a whole lot better now. Had one night of furious unpacking and re-organising. YAY... there are places to put things, which is awesome! And space to play. And NEW carpet too..... how good does that feel under my bare feet! I love the bouncy feeling..... made for loud music and crazy dancing. :o)

The kitchen is mostly all done.. need to go and pick up a few things to make it truly organised, but they can wait a few days.
Have had a spot of chaos with the washing machine, which still has my washing inside it. Yes.... the joy of front loaders!! It's been in there since Wed.... and the guys can't make it out to fix it before tomorrow, maybe Tuesday. Tony to the rescue? hehe
He's so funny about wanting to fix things, and just make life easier. A blessing! For sure.

that will have to do for the moment.... I'm sure I'll feel more upto prattling later today.....
still need to figure out the whole internet situation here.... adsl and everything! hahaha....

I've missed the world though......

tons of Aroha!



No comments: