Saturday, July 02, 2005

moments....

One of my most favouritest pictures of the man in the chair.... looking beyond thoughtful. I guess it's one of those moments where you realise how truly unique NZ is, when you come out of the bush, having spent some days tramping in the bush.... and there in the middle of nowhere is an arm chair. :)
I am so looking forward to catching up with this boy. Haven't heard from him in ages... he didn't even reply to my birthday message... but I'm guessing that he's touring around Europe with his parents right now? Who knows.... but I guess I'll hear from him soon enough. He sounds confused about the Christmas plans. I don't think he really cares where we are, or for how long provided he gets time to do some serious snowboarding. I guess I'm going to have to learn pretty damn quickly, or be left in the cold.
So, time to start looking at tickets, and figuring it all out.... wohoooo! :)

Nikki rang a few times last weekend, while I wasn't around, so I had better give her a call tomorrow to catch up and see how everything is over yonder in Vancouver. Maybe she'll have some wise words for me? :) They are going to be in Calgary for Christmas... so we may have to start the trip there, and make our way to Vancouver afterwards? Imagine they will probably fly over... and I still really want to drive over the Rockies. So beautiful!

I guess this is what will get me through this year.....

"When it comes to life, the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude."

No comments: