Sunday, December 12, 2004

praises...

I'm at home.... all alone, and just relishing in that.

Loads of laundry getting done, and I'm just praying the rain can stay away for another hour while it all dries.

Music blaring in the living room... and I was thinking, wouldn't it be amazing if the people next door were listening to the lyrics, wouldn't they be curious. Expleetives reeling from that side. Mike would laugh cause I just can't inforce my swear jar on them!

The words right now.... wherever you are, wherever you've been, he's been there... so let his people sing......

Something to think about.... that it's wonderful being exactly where we are right now. To not worry about what may happen next, how things will work out, but to just keep praising our awesome God.

OK..... so I alluded to a rather strange thing I heard.... which of course is odd, cause elaboration has not happened as yet.

"Isn't it obvious!?"

I was praying the other night, after getting off the phone from a friend. Someone I don't know terribly well, but enjoy yaking to, and would like to know better.
We often talk about our passions, and what we would like to be doing.... what we feel called to be doing, and just how we're going to get there.
We'd just talked about the idea of starting up a business together, which was bizzare in itself.... but something I've wondered about for a while.

Maybe I should back up here.... There have been so many coincidences with this whole relationship from the start. Little surprises that have had me stop and go wow. I know that God has been having fun sitting back, and just letting it all unfold, slowly....

Anyway.... after this last conversation, I just sat back and prayed... asking that God would reveal what it was that I was supposed to be pursuing with this person. Should we get serious about this business idea? Was there something else?
As I was sitting there I just heard " isn't it obvious?" It was so clearly spoken. I was just like. HUH? Isn't WHAT obvious?

I have zero idea.... but am realising that there is a much bigger plan, and that I need to keep walking down the path that I'm obviously on, and just keep asking questions.
It is pretty funny though.....

God's witt strikes!

I'm off to go wrap up Christmas presents. (Reminder.... 12 days to go! wohooo)

Wise words - from the mighty Einstein himself:

"Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."

1 comment:

Canopenner said...

ugh 12 days to christmas...

gulp