Monday, June 26, 2006

Here we go again.....



Just finished cleaning up the mess of the baking fiasco that took place late this afternoon. Yes, made rush to see how the cake recipe would work out in a different tin. hehehe. the silly things I do.

So, I take off early tomorrow for the first day of chaos. :) Yes, this is what I live for..... the mad rush... and the thrill of meeting people, and doing something different. OK, so tomorrow night may not be as much of a thrill as the following day's baking demonstration. hehehe. BUT... it's still something to push me into the unknown. Having to present in front of a ton of different people will be good for me. More difficult because it will be people that don't have the background knowledge, which I'm accustomed to.

Fun fun!

Will also distract me nicely from the reality that I have going on here.....

OH. Benny came round last night too. He called first to see what I was doing, and whatever the conversation - had both of us laughing away, and being our stupid selves. I got off the phone and Jackie was sitting there looking at me. She just said -how is it you and ben should never got together. I burst into tears. Not because of what she said - but because I'm just going to miss him so much! His zanniness, and acceptance, and just chilled out life.

Of course when I told him that after we went to see a movie, he wanted to know if I was serious - did I really cry... and it happened again. Yes, i know. Emotional chook. Good times... really :) Went and got our fill of Mexican after that, and all was well. (Though, must say that NZ'ers really don't get it here. I can't wait to eat real mexican again!!!)

Alrighty. Better get some sleep before the massive day of driving ahead.

"Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we don't see."
~ Hebrews 11:1

No comments: