Saturday, April 23, 2005

nerves kicking in.....

One week to go...... though, who's counting?!

The stress levels seem to be rising in the office, and at the same time - we all seem to be laughing about the situation that they are about to have on their hands. CHAOS!

Rob was so funny today. Head boss calls me into his office to ask me about my contract, and job description.... and I had to let him know that I never had either! I just laugh now. At least they are trying to get it all sorted for the next person who walks into this job. At the same time - they have no clue as to who they could get to take over the job. None of us can think of anyone who is capable - and that's not my ego talking. I know that I'm very protective of my customers... and am pretty worried about how this is all going to work - but having talked to John about it - he's going to take on all my big ones. I'll get everything sorted out as much as I can right now - orders all printed out, and lists of dates. Hoping it will all go ok. I'll be in his office often enough to check up on things! Call me pathetic!

I've told most of my customers that I'm leaving at the end of next week.... some really funny reactions. Still.... will be calling in to see some of them while i'm traveling around - which will be fantastic! Funny getting to see these places that you've sent everything down for - but never seen where they were actually going. I've always been blown away by people's trust in my judgement about what would look right. Very cool aspect of the job. That, and dealing with some great people. :)

When I was online the other day a friend of mine in France jumped on, and told me that "I MUST" download this new messaging programme so we could talk. Always up for some madness, I told him I would as soon as I had broadband up and running again. So, tonight I downloaded it.... and as most of these things do these days, it went through my address book and tried to find people I knew.
Came up with a Craig, and I thought... hmmmmm... could be Maxi, doubtful, but you never know.
Anyway.... this Craig wrote back to me, asking who I was looking for. I told him who I was looking for, and surprise - wrong guy. We started chatting away regardless.... he was from South Africa, but now living in London.
I told him I had loads of SA friends.... but couldn't tell him where in SA any of them were from.
As we're chatting he tells me a friend of his was living in Christchurch before moving over to England. I wasn't about to ask their name, cause what were the chances. I tell him I've just been out of coffee with a friend, and he gives me a hard time for not being out on a Friday night. He then tells me that his friend used to go out for coffee with church friends all the time, and just loved it. So, I ask what church his friend went to - low and behold, it was a good friend of mine - Susanne, who left CHCH 2 years ago. So, I suddenly remember that she and Jiljane had often talked about this Craig. I was blown away... I knew so much about this guy already. So funny!!!! Susanne always had a massive crush on him.
Anyway.... he gives me her address - I haven't heard from her since she left, which was all rather sudden, and bizzare. She was supposed to come back!
It was so cool to get back in touch with her, and talk to this other guy, who was really good friends with JJ as well. Just goes to show how absolutely small the world is now!

Also got to catch up with my friend Bex tonight.... I've missed her while she's been off jetting around with Hanson. Yeah - don't laugh, but she says these guys are getting better with age, and are just one of the coolest bands to be touring with. I love it! :) More than that, I'm just so glad that she's got a gig that she's enjoying now! She works so hard, and just deserves to have something that she can sink her teeth into and enjoy!
She's the one who got Shawn over here for me.... so good to hear that he had a good time here too. He's been asked to come back by both Australia concert organizers and Parachute here. I may get another chance to do another concert for him yet! :) WOHOOOO!! Andy would be so stoked!
Meanwhile... Bex thinks she may get down here this year. Failing that... she may be touring around the States with Hanson, and could meet me in Canada for Christmas?! Could turn into a huge get together. Julie is already saying she'll be there. YAY!

Righty ho.... way past my bedtime, and I have coffee tomorrow at 9. Feeling rather sluggish these days, but I think it's more to do with the stress I've been feeling. Between the whole neck episode, not sleeping, not making time for walking.... it all sometimes feels like it's getting on top of me.
And today I just tried to cram more "STUFF" into my life! hahaha.


To roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Tow roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

The Road Not Taken - robert frost.



~ bonuit ~

No comments: