Tuesday, June 21, 2005

sweet sounds....

Sitting here... a Tuesday night, where I was AT HOME! :) Yay for holidays, and not having Bible school. That kind of sounds all wrong, doesn't it. I do enjoy it, but when the holidays roll round, it's good to know that you can be at home doing absolutely nothing if you choose.
I'm kind of curious about the rugby game being played in the cold, deep south - but not enough to get worried if I don't find out what the score was before I crash.
The city has turned itself black and white in an effort to get behind the All Blacks. Kind of funny to see so much complete unity and passion for a rugby team, and why is it when they are playing the Lions? Could it be the fact that England won the world cup, and many of the players are here to prove they are still the world champions? Who knows... but I'm in blown away by the efforts that have gone into the black and white campaign. Every school you drive past has a HUGE sign with ALL BLACKS on it in some way or other, which is quite cute... quite sick too! hehehe do we get this passionate about the fact that Campbell just won the US open? What about Team NZ over in Europe and the races they won over the weekend?
New Zealand will always be a Rugby Head country... and while it's not a bad thing, it can get to you the way the nation stops for a game. (Of course, the benefits of being able to go grocery shoping when everyone is firmly planted in front of a television set is nice.)

It's been a quiet week. They often are when I'm at home. I headed into town to see John. He was flapping around, so I had to jokingly ask if I could have my job back. He just laughed and asked if I could finish the things I hadn't done before I left. Was I free that afternoon to get things sorted? I know I miss the interaction and silly banter that gets thrown between us, and just the people contact... talking on the phone to people who want to talk to me. I never realised how bruising it can be to ones ego. Am I not a sales person after all?

There are certainly some issues that I have with this new company, but I'm not so naive as to think that there is a "perfect" company out there. But surely I'm not going to keep finding the companies that can't provide you with the simple things?!

The joys....

No more moaning... the doctor tomorrow to try and sort out the bigger things. :) While I'm beyond freaked at the idea of going in there and explaining things, I'm more scared at the prospect of letting things get worse. Will there be another opportunity?

I lost my keys today. Something that is not typical of me - not to really loose them, and have to turn the house upside down in an effort to find them. It made me loose my head. It was awful, and so pitiful at the same time. A sign of things? I hope not!

"Twenty years from now you will be more dissapointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

No comments: