Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Bonjour!

Salut mes chers amis!

Another weekend breezed past, and it was all a blur.

My brother, sister in law and neice and nephew came to stay. It was lovely to have a full house, and to have the company, but it really did stretch my patience too.
They'd all been very sick that week, and so I'm sure Tessa and Tamati needed a break - but Evita was being quite fussy, and just wanted to be held all the time.... poor Tawhai must be teething, and while he's just the best at finding things to do - I felt quite bad that I didn't give him more attention.

I was left feeling drained and with the thought that I would just not make a good mother. My time as a nanny and in the classroom had indicated as much.... being an aunt has confirmed! Hehe. It's not really an issue, but a passing comment.

Anyway.... I've since been hit by the passing bug, and spent all of yesterday in bed, or in the bathroom... and today, while better - still not able to sit for long periods. Thankfully the spa is such a relief. I can go and sit out there and almost fall asleep in a state of bliss. The heat seems to help my stomach settle a little and eases those aches and pains from the tractors which visit requently during the night, running over my back and legs. hehehe.

This however may be the motivation that is required to get me down to the local video store to become a member. 10 months later and I still haven't been down there to get out a dvd, which is most bizarre... I don't think any of my friends would believe me if I told them that. Today, I do feel like watching something though. :) A nice sappy movie to keep me company.

The movie "Miss Potter" has just come out here, and I was supposed to go and see it last week with a new friend. (yes.... I'm getting out there and meeting people, slowly but surely. hehehe) I ended up in Auckland though, and he got bogged down with work. hehehe. Maybe this week we'll actually get there?
Yesterday we had a cute little visitor, so I thought I would include a picture of her for you. For those of your who are Beatrix Potter fans, such as myself - you should have no problem recognising her.

Yes.... Miss Tiggywinkle came a-visiting. And Twiggy was most curious.....


I think Twiggy thought she'd found a new friend. And while a hedgehog will hardly hurt, not something to dig your claws into.

It's rather unusual to see one out at day light, so hope that this little one was ok. It was just as dusk, and it seemed quite happy foraging around looking for slugs and snails. I have no idea where it wandered off to after this.... but hopefully it stayed clear of the horses hooves.

Right.... must move..... tickets to buy for Brooke Frasers concert - which I'm most excited about, and better try and get something done with this car.

Be blessed
xx

No comments: