Sunday, July 09, 2006

seasons....

All of my stuff arrived today. I hadn't even been over to the other house to see how I was going to fit it into the garage.

I was woken by mum this morning asking me to come and help with a horse which was going to be used as an example of a Morgan at a Judging clinic with a Judge from Kentucky. I was awfully blurry eyed.

My brother's 21st was last night, and he'd gone out to pick up a Keroeke machine for the night. It was hillarious!
Of course, mum was all worried that we would be kept awake into the wee hours by the kids. Hmmmmm.... interesting thought. As it happened, mum and dad were the last two to put down the mics at 2:30!

After putting all my stuff in the garage, I came home and picked up JJ and we headed into town to check out my old favourite. yes, Metropolis is back in my life. It was probably one of the first cafes to win me over back when I was 15. It's changed a wee bit over the years, but still amazingly good food! And resonably priced to boot.
It lacks the view that my CUP has.... so I don't think this will become my new Sat morning hang out.... but it was still good to head into the big smoke. Feels funny to know this is my new home. I don't think it's really sunk in yet - since it's been so busy since we got here. Next week will be slightly more interesting. Especially since I have to get serious about the job hunt.

The last potential job crashed last night. While the manager was impressed with my CV, they are wanting someone based in Tauranga - and I'm just not prepared to pick up and move, even if it is only an hour away. God's put me here, so here I am! I know something else will come up, and they've already said that there are always jobs opening up, so maybe that one will still work out?

Right... off to go see horses, and try to figure out who is who?!

Seems strange not being able to post a pic - but my computer is happily stored now.... so for now, it will be words only.

Be blessed!
(Thanks so much for all the encouragement and prayers too!!! Most appreciated)

6 comments:

Jenny said...

**hugs**

I pray this is a time of peace in your heart about what the future holds and knowing who holds the future.

Tim Rice said...

Stopped by to say, "hello." Sorry to hear of your job situation; but it sounds like you are taking a positive approach to it.

mreddie said...

So it sounds like Mum and Dad were keeping the kids up. All the best for your job search - meanwhile, like the old saying goes 'bloom where you are planted'. ec

Yours Truly said...

Heh! Karaoke is a blast! Probably even funnier to see your parents getting into it!

Happy settling in and exploring the surroundings!

Using up the words.... said...

Hi Guys!!
Thanks so much for all your super sweet words!
It's so nice to know that there are people out there praying and encouraging. :)

Hope you are all well too!

Prayers flying.
xx

Snaggle Tooth said...

Sounds like you're feelin good being home with the family.
Words only is fine with me! I did that myself for so long-

Say hello to the horses from me, n if they're good, give 'em a hug!

Take care, n happy job-hunting!