Sunday, January 20, 2008

Mission.... almost accomplished!


So the latest of my missions has been the shower!

It had been leaking behind the wonderfully ugly aqua board, and so I wanted to rip it all out and see just what kind of damage had been done over the years, then replace it with tiles.

I am so blessed to have a very patient and able dad who came round to help me once I'd got most of the board off the walls and the fun of cutting out the cement board began. Certainly one of those moments where two hands were just not going to cut it. It took us a couple of afternoons to get it all up and ready for me to learn to tile.
I'd been given a few wise words from a friend and dad seemed to think I'd manage this part just fine. I managed to get all the tiles on the walls which didn't need to be cut to size in a day - cement everywhere. I decided pretty quickly that I was going to have to buy a tile cutter and after doing some research online with another friend sending me youtube links on how to cut holes I knew what I needed. :)
The next day I got everything else done - minus two tiles where will go around the bath taps which I haven't got yet.

Soooo... here you go. The finished product. I'm very happy with this as my first effort. Certainly way easier than plastering!

No comments: